Recognizing the critical role of main street business in America, the small business community of Papillion came together in the Spring of 2013 as the "Historical Downtown Papillion Business Association" to:
- Promote, preserve and enhance commerce in the district.
- Promote networking, cross marketing, education, and business mentoring amongst the members.
- Support the City of Papillion, Papillion Community Foundation and Papillion Historical Society in promoting community events in the historical downtown area.
- Provide benevolent business programs that promote main street economic development; recruit/retain main street business; support entrepreneurship/business start-up; and promote downtown Papillion as a place to come (increase members' customer base).
- Provide benevolent community programs that enhance the sense of community; support quality of life through culture, history and arts; and promote downtown Papillion as a place to come (regional tourism).